|Added On:||July 14, 2015 @ 11:56 PM|
The story of Escalia follows Fayhe Corin, Olivia's magically gifted daughter, and her friends Lumia and Seyfer as they find themselves in a series of unfortunate events that could spiral out of control quickly and will decide the fate of the whole continent.
In 1630, the continent of Escalia was cast into turmoil when high king Alexis the Third was betrayed by his most trusted advisor Caelmor. Eventually the Caelmor's reign of terror was put to an end by Olivia Corin and her fellow heroes.
The story of Escalia starts 21 years after Caelmor's defeat and follows Fayhe Corin, Olivia's magically gifted daughter, and her friends Lumia and Seyfer as they find themselves in a series of unfortunate events that could spiral out of control quickly and will decide the fate of the whole continent.
A kind and somewhat naive mage, skilled with one-handed swords.
Fayhe's best friend. Overprotective, street-smart, wears her heart on her sleeve. Excels in close-quarter combat.
A 20 year old male, training to be a guardian.
A tragic incident several years prior to the start of the game left a deep scar within him, and caused him to leave his friends and Aldwyn behind.
- No random encounters!
- Challenging enemies. Make sure to save often!
- Challenging battle mechanics: guard has different effects for each character, and is only usable once per battle!
- Skill Synergies: Some skills will deal more damage or a guaranteed critical if a certain buff is applied!
- Flavour texts! You can interact with some objects and learn more about Escalia's characters, or you can gain items.
- Equipment Skills: Some of the best skills are only learnable by wearing your character's specific necklace. Make sure to find them to have access to some of the best skills available!
- Fully parallaxed maps!
- Quests! Also, optional sidequests.
- Custom Sprites, portraits and graphics.
- Custom Menu and Battle Hud.
- An enthralling story, set in the same universe as my main game, Startide.
If you enjoyed playing Escalia, you can help by voting for Escalia after 7th august 2015 on the IGMC contest site. Your support is really appreciated!
Engine: RPG Maker VX Ace
6th of August 2015: It's uploaded!
After countless hours of betatesting since 28th of July (by both myself and my amazing betatesters), skill overhauls, some rewritten dialogues, bugfxing and graphical issues that needed to be solved, I can say: it's finally done!
I've fixed out the last issues today (I hope I found them all) and my awesome artist finished the last portrait today so it's ready to be played!
I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed making it.
Alternative downloadlink: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0c9nxqembtsg6i/Escalia%20-%20by%20BCj.exe?dl=0