**Updated download links are below. **
In foregone ruins there stirs an ancient evil. Sealed long ago, by those now referred to as legend, to prevent future pain and suffering by its hand. Years passed. Then decades. Centuries. Millenia. For ages this dark force plotted and watched and waited for the perfect moment to return. For when its old enemies were no more. For when the land and its people were ripe for the taking again. That time is now. And so the evil rises once more. Little by little. Bit by bit. Bone by bone. As its power grows the kingdom is doomed to destruction. None in this world may stop him. Save for one.
Embark on an epic adventure against your wishes and travel the world of Elvesheem to defeat an ancient evil before it grows to power and destroys all you hold dear.
- Two - five hour quest to test your mettle as you fight across the continent of Elvesheem.
- Original art gives a hand-painted look to a world full of expressive characters and brings it to life.
- Comedic storyline following one of the most unlucky fellows ever as his situation goes from bad to worse.
- Five different endings to see and experience as the days and circumstances work against the player.
- Fast-paced shopkeeping minigame to financially reward those with quick reaction and precision.
- Unconventional battles where the player must find a way to succeed against monsters when their skill lies in simple moneyhandling.
- Doomsday clock continually displays various details players must keep track of to avoid (or intentionally cause) one of the "bad" endings.
- Dungeons to explore to help unravel the truth and get much needed experience.
- Autosave confirms player will have to live with their actions and consequences.
**Game is ready for download at links provided below. Link at "Download Now" button is outdated and may result in a bad play experience.**
You may also get the RTP-free download with its smaller file size here if so desired:
- Move cursor/player around.
Shift key or 'A' button with Joystick:
- Run while moving. (Shopkeeping minigame and dungeons)
Enter/Z on keyboard or 'C' button with Joystick:
- Select option choice. (Navigation, dungeons and world map)
- Confirm. (Navigation, dungeons and world map)
- Pick up/put down shop box. (Shopkeeping minigame only)
- Shoo away customer if no box equipped. (Shopkeeping minigame only)
- Sell to customer if box equipped. (Shopkeeping minigame only)
Escape/X on keyboard or 'B' button with Joystick:
- Open and close menu. (Navigation, dungeons and world map)
- Cancel choice (Navigation, dungeons and world map)
- Open customer cheatsheet to see which one wants what. (Shopkeeping minigame only)
The contest's theme, growth, is incorporated into the game design in a unique matter. Since it spoils much of what the game is about I've chosen to explain how here. You should probably play the game first though.