A care-free sandbox-like simulator where you can relax your mind by planting otherworldly trees!
THEME (GROWTH): Bring life to an otherwise stagnant world by planting seeds and watching them flourish into gorgeous trees.
- Trees are dynamically generated on-the-fly, infinite possibilities
- Watch the trees magically sprout from tiny seeds in seconds
- Different procedural methods for placing leaves and multiple types
- Customize the colors of the leaves and branches in real-time
- Adjust the leaf density to create everything from decayed to plush
- Walk to various surreal areas and create awe-inspiring tree arangements
- Save any given scene as a photo (saved to My Documents > From A Little Seed)
- A (LEFT ARROW)......Walk Left
- D (RIGHT ARROW).....Walk Right
- ...........Plant Tree at Current Location
- LEFT-CLICK..........Change Color 1
- RIGHT-CLICK.........Change Color 2
- MIDDLE-CLICK........Change Color 1 and Color 2 to same color
NOTE: When Color 1 & Color 2 are different, the leaves and branch pieces will cycle between them
TIPS AND TRICKS
- You can adjust the colors of leaves and branches while a tree is still growing.
- Create beautiful gradient effects by dragging the pressed mouse around color wheel when growing a tree.
- Try holding in the middle-mouse button and moving back-and-forth around a particular shade when growing a tree.
- Stay in the same place and plant multiple trees of different shades for great layered effects
- Most aspects of the tree generation are randomized for more varied and unpredictable creations
- More user-available options could be established such as controlling leaf variant and general tree size
- More scenes and tree types (including other experimental generation techniques, symetrical fractals, etc.)
- Not optimized for ultra-high resolution displays; users of 1440p+ may experience smaller tree renders than 1080p and below.
- The tree generation may appear corrupt on some devices (investigating).
Developed in a very short window of time as a jam session for the Indie Game Contest 2015 (http://contest.gamedevfort.com/).
Concept and Programming: Matthew Pilz (xCept) - http://mattpilz.com
Programming Platform: App Game Kit V2 - http://www.appgamekit.com/
Background Music: "The Snow Queen" (CC) by Kevin Macleod - http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html?isrc=USUAN1100872
Main Character: Game Character Hub: - http://store.steampowered.com/app/292230/
Background Media: Filter Forge 5: https://www.filterforge.com/
Sound Effects: ObsydianX (Wesley Wyatt)
Other Media: In-house and Assorted Royalty Free Sources